Constellation acquires Ballast Point for $1 Billion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though, I would be quite excited if I could go to another all inclusive resort in Mexico and get a buncha sculpin rather than corona :p

I think it's good for Ballast. Like @az_ipa said, it was much more than what their IPO was going for. Hopefully nothing really changes with the exception being where we find their beers.

I think it's good for Ballast. Like @az_ipa said, it was much more than what their IPO was going for. Hopefully nothing really changes with the exception being where we find their beers.

This, and maybe a price break would be nice. I'd like to afford Sculpin some day.

Good for a company that was started by home brewers...and like others have said its really really hard to say no to 1 billion dollars.

I think the key to the deal is that they will still be considered a stand alone company while retaining all their management and employees. Makes sense and a good deal for B.P.

We'll see. Constellation is the AB of the wine industry (though, as noted, they've made a lot of beer acquisitions recently).

Back