• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Considering selling my single-tier brewstand.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghart999

Reaction score
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all. I recently finished a single-tier brewstand. It was made with 1.5" x 1.5" 16 gauge mild steel. It was TIG welded by a friend of mine who works as a welder for Miller Coors in Golden, CO. He welds their fermenters. The reason I am selling is I am in dires straights financially. I have only brewed on it one time.

Below are pictures. First is the blueprints. I must credit to Diatonic, as these are the identical dimensions he used for his rig. Keggles fit perfectly on top of this. I too used 5" wheels. They were ordered from castercity.com. The two front ones are locking and the rears are not. They are the expandable stem kinds that slide up into the tubing frame from underneath.

3d38b3e45d0d6a219e65603f461bdb04.png

The top of the frame is painted with Rustoleum 2000F header paint and was cured as best as possible by heating keggles with water in them and using a laser heatgun to test the frame temps. The green paint is Rustoleum 500F paint. 2000F primer was used over the entire frame.

PLEASE NOTE: The pump and the gas hoses do not come with the frame. I just had not taken them off prior to taking these pictures. The hoses have sentimental value to me as they were custom made by a friend who recently died. As goofy as it sounds, I want to keep them. And the pump I am keeping as I will still be using it for my plate chiller. Everything else you see comes with it.

The stand has a built in gas manifold. On the bottom front bar, there is a 1/2" SS MPT that can be coupled to a regulator. Then there are 3 1/2" SS MPT nipples on the same bar. They include 2 gas ball valves and a single needle valve for adjustments. Just connect a propane hose between the valve and the burner and you're good to go.

img0888p.jpg

There are 3 burners that come with the stand. As seen, there are BG-10s on each side and a BG-12 in the middle. I had this set up as a direct-fire mash-tun on the center burner, hence the use of the needle valve for fine tuning control of the BG-12 burner. The bar that the burners are attached to sits so that the burners are about 5 inches below the top of the stand. I use spacers (copper tubing, nuts, etc.) to rise up the height of the burners as needed. There is threaded rod that attaches to the burners, goes through the hanging bar. I use wingnuts to hold the burners in place. I found that 4" from the top of the burner to the top of the stand is best.

img0889jw.jpg

img0890bf.jpg

There is a steel plate welded to the front bottom bar to house a pump. I drilled 4 holes to hold my Little Giant pump.

img0895uf.jpg

img0894z.jpg

This shows the regulator connector for the gas manifold and the far left gas ball valve.

img0891w.jpg

Price.... I am not sure how to price this thing. I spent $75 of steel. Paid my friend $250 to build it. $65 for the casters, about $100 in parts for ball valves, gas hardware, etc. $30 in burners. $40 in paint. So that's about $560 and countless hours in putting the thing together. I would sell for $350. If you know how to weld yourself then this is probably not for you. But if you're go to have to pay someone to build you a frame, then this might be a great deal for you. If the paint colors aren't your thing. You can strip this down in an hour and start with bare steel.

I am willing to ship the thing at additional cost. I am not sure on price yet. Further I would have to figure out a fun way of packaging the thing too.

I live in the Denver suburbs and would be willing to drive about 100 miles to meet you somewhere.

Email me with any questions.

Gregg

Hi all. I am getting some PMs about interest but wanting to get some pricing on shipping. I will do some research tonight and get back to you on ballpark costs to ship. I imagine I might have to use a freight company. But maybe not. Its not as heavy as one would think. I can lift this over my head as a deadlift. So I don't think it weights more than 50-65 lbs. I will post back in a few hours as I have to go have dinner and spend some time with the kids, etc.

You could probably shoot a PM to PinupBrewery, he's the vendor that sells and ships stands. He might have some good info for shipping this beauty.

Very nice stand. As for shipping, pinupbrewery uses UPS. He ships the stand with the legs off so it fits within the packaging guidelines. The legs just slip inside the frame tubing for assembly. Since your legs aren't 2-piece, then you will probably have to use freight shipping. The package dimensions can't exceed 165" total Length+Girth for UPS shipping and I would imagine FedEx is similar.

Try shipping with Greyhound. Usually way cheaper than UPS, but it takes a little longer.

How much do you think the hose connections to the burners will cost? Do they need special fittings?

When you say that the frame has a built in manifold, does the gas travel through the steel frame to each burner or is there piping inside the steel frame?

How much do you think the hose connections to the burners will cost? Do they need special fittings?

When you say that the frame has a built in manifold, does the gas travel through the steel frame to each burner or is there piping inside the steel frame?[/QUOTE}

Hoses will be about $11-$12/each. Since your local AAA propane in Denver area does custom hoses. They charge like $5 per fitting and $1-$2/foot for the hose itself I think. One end needs to be 3/8" female flare to the burners. The other end is 3/8" male NPT. But any city should have 1 or more places that make custom hoses. They just need to be high pressure propane hoses.

The gas travels through the steel tubing itself. There is no pipe inside. This method avoids the unsightly piping being on the outside of the stand.

Hi all. I have received 22 PMs from people interested from out of the Colorado area. Shipping is going to be prohibitively expensive. I am sorry, I should've looked into this earlier. I have received interested from some local people and I have already responded to you. If I did not get back to you, its because I cannot ship it.

Back