Considering going kegging but...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mullimat

Reaction score
I have yet to even bottle my first batch but i'm already thinking about going kegging lol. It seems like it would be very practical for how much I move around (bottles can break and take up more space than a kegerator if you have a lot of them). My issue is though that I am in the military and i'm trying to get stationed back in Germany after i finish with PA school here. I'm not sure if the movers would ship a kegerator. I'm sure if your CO2 bottle were empty that wouldn't be a problem but i'm thinking about the rest of it. Just wondering if any military people (and i know there has to be at least one on here) could chime in on their experiences and if I would be allowed to ship it. Another minor issue i have (although I will not get the answer on these boards) is where i would be living over there. Me being single there is a possibility they could put me in the barracks if i do go over there. I know when i was enlisted (i'm about to be an officer) you could only have so much alcohol in your room (6 pack or bottle of liquor). Not sure if it's different for officers. But when i was stationed there last, most of the officers (single or married) lived off post (where having a kegerator wouldn't be a problem). So, I really don't know what to do! Any advice from current or former military that might have insight into this please help! :mug:

I probably can't help much since I was in Germany in the 80's but the only officers on post were in transient housing. They were placed off post within a month. I wouldn't have had time to brew when I was there too many good beers to sample. Too many wine and beer fests.

Back