Considering a carboy sprayer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syncman

Reaction score
What soap/cleaner mix would you use for a 360 deg carboy sprayer, and how long typically does it take to clean properly? 3G carboy.

Last edited:
I'm a lazy brewer, I rinse out the carboy with about 1/2 gallon of water, then add another 1/2 gallon and some oxy clean or PBW and scrub it out with a brush, if there is dried on stuff I fill the carboy with water and PBW and let it sit overnight and then everything dissolves.
I don't see why you need a sprayer set up unless you are cleaning more than a couple of carboys at a time.

What soap/cleaner mix would you use for a 360 deg carboy sprayer, and how long typically does it take to clean properly? 3G carboy.

I adapted a spray ball to my Mark-II (which does a crap job on 6.5 gallon carboys). It was the "largest" ball that would fit through the neck, which means it was wicked small which means there weren't a lot of spray ports, and no matter where I positioned it it couldn't cover enough of the carboy to make it worthwhile.

Anyway, I did learn you definitely need to use low-foaming agents or add anti-foam else it can get a bit crazy with bubbles everywhere :)
PBW or the home-brewed substitute work pretty well in that regard plus really are optimized for the crud we're trying to remove (especially hop resins)...

Cheers!

Back