Connecting Sankey Tap to Picnic Faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NK3740

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering now that my keezer project is properly insulated and have the temperature control device installed if it would be possible to connect a commercial keg to a sankey coupler and have the beer line connected to 5-6 ft. of 3/16" tubing connected with a picnic tap. This is just a temporary solution until I get up the dough for my 6-tap "T" tower.

You absolutely can do that but I hope you're talking about pushing the beer with CO2 and not an onboard air pump. That beer will oxidize in 24 hours.

Absolutely, Bobby. I've got the tank, regulator, distributor and hoses ready to go! It's just that the tower and drip tray I want are too damn expensive for me right now. My real question comes when I want to connect the picnic faucet to the coupler. Most towers I've seen have to screw-on nut that attaches to the end of the beverage hose. How/where do I get the barbed fitting to put over the top of the coupler?

Back