Connecting different Co2 regulators together

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loball

Reaction score
Ok so I know many people daisy chain multiple primary co2 regulators together.

Usually the regulators have to be the same type (always primary) but also RH threaded ones or left hand threaded ones.

Has anyone ever tried to connect a RH and LH threaded primary regulators together?

I found this little niple online and wondered if it would work. Any thoughts?

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=910

Hi

Not sure where you are finding backwards threaded regulators. Everything in my junk box is standard thread. Maybe I just got lucky....

Bob

^^ Thanks for the reply and feedback. I'll order and give it a shot.

Hi

Not sure where you are finding backwards threaded regulators. Everything in my junk box is standard thread. Maybe I just got lucky....

Bob

I happen to have 2 LH and 2 RH theaded primary regulators; they are all different manufacturers and come from different sources so I'm not sure how common my issue is. Hope this helps someone else!

Thanks again

^^ Thanks for the reply and feedback. I'll order and give it a shot.

I happen to have 2 LH and 2 RH theaded primary regulators; they are all different manufacturers and come from different sources so I'm not sure how common my issue is. Hope this helps someone else!

Thanks again

It's very common, there really doesn't seem to be a hard consensus on the right vs left threaded regulator coupler thing...

Cheers!

Hi

Bob

TapRite regulators and the cheap Chinese TapRite knockoffs will have left hand high pressure port threads. Most other CO2 regulators, including Chudnow, will have all right handthread high pressure ports.

i've put LH and RH threaded regs together. they make nipples for that purpose. it's kind of a ***** getting them tight and getting the gauges all pointing in the same direction but it's doable.

Back