Connecting Airchuck to vinyl tubing how do I?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timber

Reaction score
I have this 3/8 x 1/4 clear tubing
41P%2BeRnccFL._AA160_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HE5DUG/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Want to get one of these
41NaQEnK0DL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

but I dont know how to connect them.

BTW I am planning on using this to carbonate soda/mineral/tonic water with the Bike pump stems using my primo soda station. I will attach the tubing to the spigot and then the air chuck to the poor mans carbonation cap.
F30X9CQFRXW6DHQ.MEDIUM.jpg

I am doing this because I already have the bulk of the material.

The white tube is what I plan to attach it to (my machine is different but same idea
F1-PBI-12OZ.jpg

The tubing currently fits snug on there but do I need to get one of those things that I use a screwdriver to clamp it on?

At this time all I have is the machine and tubing so I need to know any other parts I should get possibly link or image as well (not very "parts savy") so if something goes by another name I might be clueless what your talking about

Thanks in advance for assistance

Last edited by a moderator:
do I need a clamp to keep it secured n the tube or any sort of sealer?

Great! Thanks guys, Just order the valve stems and the barbed air chuck. ill grab the hose clamps ate lowes or HD.

THANKS!

Here is how i add and change things that are attached to my CO2 tanks. The quick disconnects are available from Home Depot or Harbor Freight. You can attach a tire inflator, trigger release, one or two gas corney connects. On the CO2 reg side I can also attach the black adapter which allows me to attach the reg to the paint ball CO2 tank. I just built this tonight and used to to pressure force out a sample of my new sanke fermenter.

IMG_5313.jpg

IMG_5314.jpg

IMG_5315.jpg

IMG_5320.jpg

BTW I am planning on using this to carbonate soda/mineral/tonic water with the Bike pump stems using my primo soda station. I will attach the tubing to the spigot and then the air chuck to the poor mans carbonation cap.
F30X9CQFRXW6DHQ.MEDIUM.jpg

I created a bunch of those caps myself and had been doing this for years. Eventually I just added a keg full of water to my keezer to have sparkling water on tap. Before that my only cold carbonated choice for a beverage was beer and guess what I always chose? Some keys to making water sparkle.
  1. Leave some head room in the plastic bottle.
  2. Squeeze out the extra air and fill that space with a shot from the CO2.
  3. Get the bottle filled with water very cold and keep hitting it with CO2 after that.
  4. Add CO2 and shake, repeat.

Once the bottle is cold. When you add CO2 you feel the plastic become rigid, then softer when you shake and CO2 is absorbed then hit it again with more CO2. You can carbonate the water in a few minutes that way. You may want to get a regulator as to not blow up the plastic bottle. I use 30 psi as my "force carbonation" pressure.

Not sure how Id get a regulator with my setup I am proposing, remember Im using a soda stream type machine. I assume as long as I feel the bottle for rigidity I should be good (I hope).

If you have an idea how i could set up a regulator then I am open to it

Not sure how Id get a regulator with my setup I am proposing, remember Im using a soda stream type machine. I assume as long as I feel the bottle for rigidity I should be good (I hope).

If you have an idea how i could set up a regulator then I am open to it

If all that stuff in the photo is your soda stream stuff I am assuming it has some type of regulator built in already. If you look at the photo of my regulator it has a black attachment near it in the photo. That is an adapter for a paint ball bottle the same 20 oz bottle you have shown in your picture.

I believe you need a special O-ring to go in between the bottle and the black adapter then thread tape to go from the adapter to the regulator. I think this setup will be cool to take a keg or two to a party. But if you are just trying to carbonate water and the soda stream works for you, the $50 a regulator will cost you will be a waste of money.

What size are you guys using there. I got all the parts but the hose clamp I got at lowes was a 2pack 1/4 - 5/8 it seems to big but its the smallest they have. Do you guys use something else? What size?

035119064087lg.jpg

I created a bunch of those caps myself and had been doing this for years. Eventually I just added a keg full of water to my keezer to have sparkling water on tap. Before that my only cold carbonated choice for a beverage was beer and guess what I always chose? Some keys to making water sparkle.
  1. Leave some head room in the plastic bottle.
  2. Squeeze out the extra air and fill that space with a shot from the CO2.
  3. Get the bottle filled with water very cold and keep hitting it with CO2 after that.
  4. Add CO2 and shake, repeat.

Once the bottle is cold. When you add CO2 you feel the plastic become rigid, then softer when you shake and CO2 is absorbed then hit it again with more CO2. You can carbonate the water in a few minutes that way. You may want to get a regulator as to not blow up the plastic bottle. I use 30 psi as my "force carbonation" pressure.

How did ya make the caps? Dave

Back