connecting a secondary regulator options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rshortt

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got a new single guage regulator from hopdawgs and wondering if I can just chain it downstream off a T connector from my primary regulator's low pressure port. I would have the primary low pressure set for carbing and my second regulator set ot a low pressure. I guess the real question is, is the "low" pressure coming from the primary regulator high enough to drive the high pressure port on my second regulator?

My other alternative is to take the high pressure guage off my primary regulator, the high pressure barb and cap off the secondary, chain them with a connecting fitting, and put the high pressure guage on the end of the secondary reg. I'd just rather not take it all apart.

Thanks,
-Rob

Yes. The secondary regulator's high pressure side will accept whatever carbing pressure you've got from your primary regulator. The secondary regulator will do any pressure below that just fine.

I've got mine set up like this. A Y fitting from my primary regulator does whatever the current batch's carbing pressure might require : maybe 15PSI. The secondary regulator does all my serving stuff, and might be closer to 9psi or something.

You can do that. I used to have a T off the low pressure port of my primary regulator. One line went to my highest pressure keg, the other went to a secondary regulator. The secondary regulator fed a co2 manifold.

I'm using 2x 2-gangs, looks like this:

4hz4mw.jpg

M_C

The latter diagram is like what I'm building. I have a 2-way manifold for carbing and 4-way for serving (soon to be 6-way). Hopefully I'll have time to hook it up tonight, will post a pic.

-Rob

Back