Quantcast

Conicals

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Deofol

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2007
Messages
93
Reaction score
3
Uhh huh.

Looks good, who knows. Buy it and post back.
 

Guinness71

Well-Known Member
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
Nov 16, 2007
Messages
188
Reaction score
1
Location
California
I've actually bought one from him - have not used it yet but I can tell you it is as advertised, and shipped fast!.

I know for me, even with the shipping it was the best deal..
 

HarvInSTL

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
721
Reaction score
6
Location
Saint Louis, MO
Guinness71 said:
I've actually bought one from him - have not used it yet but I can tell you it is as advertised, and shipped fast!.

I know for me, even with the shipping it was the best deal..
Did it come with a racking port assembly?
 

HarvInSTL

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
721
Reaction score
6
Location
Saint Louis, MO
Brewing Clamper said:
God, every time this is posted I struggle to not hit the "Buy Now" button!
Same here! Only thing that keeps me from buying a couple is the fact that they are 7gallons. If these were 12 or 15gallons conicals I'd be all over them.

I did email the seller and asked if he was a.) using the TMS cones and b.) if he can make largers ones.

I'll post here when/if I hear back from him/her.
 

Guinness71

Well-Known Member
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
Nov 16, 2007
Messages
188
Reaction score
1
Location
California
HarvInSTL said:
Did it come with a racking port assembly?

I'm new, speak slower and louder.. :D No really, it comes with everything shown except a stopper & lock - and you need to get 1/2" barb for dumping and 1/2" - 3/8" for bottling.. All NPT... True - it is only a 7 gal. I think I'm going to do a Double Choc. Stout in it next week maybe..
 
OP
Kayos

Kayos

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
1,366
Reaction score
8
Location
Santa Clarita
Guinness71 said:
and 1/2" - 3/8" for bottling.. All NPT... True - it is only a 7 gal. I think I'm going to do a Double Choc. Stout in it next week maybe..


Ummmmm...you can bottle straight out of this? Or do you mean to rack to bucket? Sorry, never dealt with conicals before....
 

HarvInSTL

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
721
Reaction score
6
Location
Saint Louis, MO
Guinness71 said:
I'm new, speak slower and louder.. :D No really, it comes with everything shown except a stopper & lock - and you need to get 1/2" barb for dumping and 1/2" - 3/8" for bottling.. All NPT... True - it is only a 7 gal. I think I'm going to do a Double Choc. Stout in it next week maybe..
Take a look at the second picture. That is a racking arm or racking port assembly.

It is another $50-$100 part if these don't come with them.
 

z987k

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
3,511
Reaction score
35
Location
Anchorage
now thats cheap, I even wanted to hut buy. I just have nowhere to put it and dont have 200 some dollars to spend either.
 

bensyverson

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2008
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago
So you can't just rack out of the valve as it is? Where would you buy a racking assembly?
 
Top