Conical yeast dump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacobM

Reaction score
First time using my grainfather conical and I have an NEIPA in it. The folks at GF said to yeast dump every couple of days. I am not going on day three, each time I have tried to yeast dump it's very runny, essentially yeasty beer. Is it possibly the London ale 3 yeast I am using? It's supposed to stay in suspension so is that the reason my yeast dumps are so runny? No sludge, no cake.

I use a spike conical and generally only to a dump after im finished cold crashing. the first time i used it i did the dumps more frequently however i found i lost alot of beer and it came out like you described. if your harvesting yeast it might be better as you wont have a bunch of dry hops but i dont usually bother. i think in your case however the dump port is alot smaller and **may** get plugged if you dont dump every few days as directed. cheers

Back