• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

South Dakota Conical Fermentors - Stout and SS Brewtech

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conglominoid

Reaction score
Stout 7.3 gallon conical - $275:
  • All triclamp fittings
  • 2x 1.5" sanitary butterfly valves
  • Locking Casters
  • Lid gasket + Extra Lid Gasket (not pictured)
  • Tri clamp thermowell + analog bimetal thermometer
  • Includes 4 triclamps + 1 extra + 5 gaskets
  • Includes short "leader" hose off the welded blow off barbed fitting with a triclamp end. I will include a blow off tube that can be attached to this. When racking the beer I attached to a CO2 cylinder via the triclamp leader and pushed the beer to keg.

SS Brewtech 7 gallon "Chronical" conical - $250:
  • Triclamp racking port + dump port, threadless thermowell
  • 1x 1.5" sanitary butterfly valve, 1x 3/4" SS Brewtech ball valve for dump port.
  • Rotating racking arm is included, but it is not compatible with the 1.5" butterfly valve I have installed. Quite frankly, I found the racking arm useless and never used it. Just tip the conical forward a bit if you are concerned about the last pint of beer.
  • 1x 1.5" triclamp 90 degree elbow
  • Lid gasket, 3 triclamps + 1 extra (let me know if you need more), 5 gaskets

Buyer pays actual shipping cost from 57006 (I will cover the packaging cost). Stout weighs 35 lb + packaging, SS Brewtech weighs 19 lb + packaging.

The Stout was recently passivated with Citrisurf 77. I'm not sure if the internal volume etchings of the SS Brewtech are compatible with citric acid. I can passivate if buyer asks, but no guarantees on the volume etchings.

20161229_105005.jpg

20161229_105041.jpg

20161229_105138.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody gotten any responses yet? I'd pm'd for a shipping quote a day or two ago

Off topic - sorry - TL;DR version...Buy this man's stuff, great prices.

Probably because he gave you his zip code to figure it out yourself in the original post.

Possibly true - but someone also asked how he planned on shipping with no answer - not knowing if he generates the label himself, or goes to a pack-n-ship or UPS store, or possibly has a shipping account. Not knowing the dimensions of the packing intended for use makes a big deal as well, and could easily throw it into an oversize shipping situation. I've looked at best and worst case scenarios there and that makes the range fluctuate greatly.

So in truth, I'd be making quite a few assumptions here to get a quote,

Assuming a package around:

14x14x35 (given the dimensions from SSbrewtech)
25 Lbs, given the 19 lbs he gave, being generous with packing weight

At that point I get to service type, which between the USPS quick lookup and Fedex quick lookup I did comes in with:

USPS Standard Parcel - $45.00
USPS Priority 2 day - $68
Fedex Home - $75
Fedex Express Saver - 178.38

So I did look, based on the information given - but I'm also making a few assumptions here as well to find the pricing. Not being argumentative for the sake of it, but seeing as your post did nothing to add to the conversation about anyone having contact with the seller; figured I'd show you I did, actually do my homework. Not my first rodeo with shipping by a long shot; however I always like to get confirmation, because making the assumption that he can only ship at base rate can bite you at times. I used to ship from work with deep discounts, so that's where I was coming from. Not saying the seller does, can, or should do the same; but I always like to see where they come in as well, especially with something large.

I still haven't heard back on who he was going to use as a shipping company. It's hard to determine the shipping cost as all the companies have different rates.

Back