Conical Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zrule

Reaction score
I have just started using a Blichman Conical fementer and It seems that I am not getting the bubbles that I got using the 6 gallon glass fermenter. I was so worried I took the lid off and it was definitely bubbling the same as when I could see it in the glass fermenter. I am getting good attenuation in a couple of days as it should but it just seems weird. The lid has a valve that I guess keeps 3psi of pressure in the tank as when I lift it you can hear the pressure release. It seems that even with the valve that the gas will escape through the airlock and not build preassure. What am I missing?

I have a Blichmann too and that sounds about right. The dome may play a factor. I also use a stout and morebeer conical and the blichmann is the only one that seals properly to show activity in the airlock, so be thankful for the bubbles you do get.

First time I used mine I had the keg lid on slightly cock-eyed, allowing some gas to escape from there. Just make sure it's seated properly.

Back