Conical fermenter worries - Dump batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max_the_hop

Reaction score
It's my first time around using my new Blichmann 7g Fermenator. I love it. So much so that it's making me forgetful. After taking a sample of my wort, I forgot to place back the pressure relief valve. Then, i left for the weekend. So my brew was resting for almost 3 days without the pressure relief valve in. This occur a few days after my fermentation had stopped. The beer style is an IPA.

My question is: Is the brew oxidated to the point I should dump it? I tasted a sample and it tasted a bit sweet...

Help please!

RDWHAHB

If anything, wild yeast may have gotten in. I wouldn't dump it, I'd wait and find out how it tastes. Worst case scenario you can dump it later after it's done, best case scenario nothing bad happened.

^
What he said.

We use 42 gallon blichmanns at work and the weighted prv is one of the parts of the design I do not like for the very reason you mentioned.

I think your beer will be fine though.

Back