Conical attachment for pressurization

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goolsbymd

Reaction score
So I'm sitting here drinking some home brew looking at my new brewmaster chronical and am thinking how am I going to do a pressurized transfer with this thing since SS Brewtech doesn't have anything available yet. I was thinking for the attachment for the 3" tri clamp how about moving the pressure relief valve over closer to one side, move the hose barb for blowoff tube closer to another side and have another spot, triangle formation, where you could have a corny keg gas post welded or threaded into. Pressurizing would be extremely easy once you got a lower range regulator especially if you already had a kegging system set up.

I'm sure there are cheaper and already made solutions but as of now I'm a bit of a lose, more so for the attachment to drain the beer to the keg without exposing to oxygen.

So I'm sitting here drinking some home brew looking at my new brewmaster chronical and am thinking how am I going to do a pressurized transfer with this thing since SS Brewtech doesn't have anything available yet. I was thinking for the attachment for the 3" tri clamp how about moving the pressure relief valve over closer to one side, move the hose barb for blowoff tube closer to another side and have another spot, triangle formation, where you could have a corny keg gas post welded or threaded into. Pressurizing would be extremely easy once you got a lower range regulator especially if you already had a kegging system set up.

I'm sure there are cheaper and already made solutions but as of now I'm a bit of a lose, more so for the attachment to drain the beer to the keg without exposing to oxygen.

I just disconnect my blow off tube connect an adapter and use the pressurized fitting for my regular chronical. I also just use a regular regulator turned down low. I didn't buy anything extra for the CO2 end.

20160709_044145[1].jpg

What's your set up for a closed transfer? Do you have a fitting to go from the TC fitting to a beer/liquid line?

What's your set up for a closed transfer? Do you have a fitting to go from the TC fitting to a beer/liquid line?

I don't do closed transfers. I do "fill" my kegs with CO2 just before transferring though. My beer doesn't last long enough for me to worry about oxidation.

I use the racking port. The first 5 gallons mostly transfer via gravity (I bought the leg extensions and SS shelf), the CO2 basically is making up the void. I have to apply a very slight amount of pressure for the second 5 gallons.

Back