Congrats Pats Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jzal8

Reaction score
What a good game...I havent sat down since 7:30. Really great game and congrats. Thank god the playoffs are here, is there anything better than awesome games on saturday and sunday?

I swear it was because this week didn't matter for me in fantasy. I have Jacobs and Manning AND Welker

Stupid Murphy and his law..

That was quite a game, but congrats are a little premature. As a Pats fan, I don't think it means anything unless they win the Superbowl.

I was psyched as all get out to see Brady beat Manning's record (even if it did take 1 more game).

Probably among the more enjoyable games to watch this season.

I remember watching the Dolphins undefeated season back when I was a teenager. Man that Mercury Morris could run....

TheJadedDog said:
That was quite a game, but congrats are a little premature. As a Pats fan, I don't think it means anything unless they win the Superbowl.

+1.

NOW, the real games begin... and besides Indy, Jacksonville scares the hell out of me right now.

Man I wish I could understand what you NFL junkies were saying... My attention span maxes out at College FB.

Oh well, I'm druck, so cheers anyway! :mug:

TheJadedDog said:

I was psyched as all get out to see Brady beat Manning's record (even if it did take 1 more game).

I agree. No less than a superbowl for me..But, it's still sweet right now..

riginally posted by Bulls Beers
I agree. No less than a superbowl for me..But, it's still sweet right now..

Jeeez, save something for the rest of us. You guys already have a World Series, Boston College 11-3, The Celtics are 25-3...what do you want the world? ;)

J/K It's a good time to be a sports fan in New England. That's for sure.

While not a Pat's fan I congratulate them.
New England is kind of like Pittsburgh was in the late 70's........................79 Steelers win Super Bowl, Pirates win World Series, U of Pittsburgh was National Champs and Steelers won Super Bowl in 80, and somehow during that time Dallas:eek: became americas' team. WTF

I'll have to offer up my congrats as well. It's well known that I didn't agree with some of the things that they did during the regular season, but I also went on record weeks ago saying that I believe thtat this team would end up being one of if not THE best team in the history of the NFL.

16-0 is impressive as hell, but it doesn't mean much if they don't win the next 3.

Maybe someday my Lions will be able to win 16 games over a span of two seasons. :drunk:

the_bird said:
+1.

NOW, the real games begin... and besides Indy, Jacksonville scares the hell out of me right now.

Yes, congrats. That certainly is a fun team to watch.

That sequence in the second half where Moss dropped the underthrown bomb and then came back and scored the big one on the very next play--just shows how dangerous that tandem is. That was pretty awesome, and totally dis-heartening for anyone not rooting for the Pats.

They certainly have shown some chinks in the armor though. I'd add San Diego to the "not want to play" list. They've been plying pretty decent ball of late.

Still, the Colts are really the only team I think are a real serious threat to knock them off though. The Jags don't have enough firepower to stay with the Pats in a shoot-out.

rdwj said:
I guess the old "cheaters never win" saying has been proven false! :D

Congrats!

You must be OUT OF YOUR MIND!!! All the Pats did is what every other team in the NFL does, and Mangina wined about it because he's a Bitchy sore loser.

Yes, congratulations to the Patriots! I'm always excited to see some sports record get broken and this is definitely something to be proud about.

bagh....the place to be was FedEx Field! I stayed dry with that poncho, luckily, but I'd have stood out there in shorts and a t shirt if I had to. What an amazing game.

Back