Confusing brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTower

Reaction score
So, my last brew session, during the boil, I went to grab a homebrew. I wanted to try my creme ale, which had just passed it's three week mark. So I grabbed a bottle that I thought had a "C" on the cap. Popped it open and poured it out. It was a little darker than I was expecting, but it was a partial boil extract, so I figured some caramelization and such. Took a sip....very much not a creme ale...I went to the trash can to find the cap, and looked at it again.

It actually said "D". It was one of the last dunkelweisen bottles. ****! I was really looking forward to trying that creme ale. it was a very disorienting sip.

Snarky yesterday.

Here, I'm trying to help this thread...

DUNKELWEISEN!!?? WTF!?

Spittake.jpg

I number my caps (which leads to questions like 'thanks for the six pack but what are beers 3 and 4?'), but it could still happen to me. Hey, at least you didn't say 'mmm what a nice creme ale!'

I remember when my grandma and I ordered ice tea, but I got sweetened and she didn't. That was a fun double take when I took her glass by accident.

Latest posts

Back