condensation from lagering?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jota

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am doing a Itsok Kolsch from Joy of homebrewing. It has been lagering for 2 weeks now out in my garage. I checked on it today and noticed what appears to be condensation around the neck of the carboy. I have attached a picture for your viewing pleasure. I noticed that the temperature has dropped to around 50 degrees (down from 55 earlier in the week) out there, so perhaps that could be the cause. Should I be alarmed? Should I bring it inside (to around 70 degrees)? Ideas?

http://www.cis.udel.edu/~mccaw/beer.JPG

Thanks!

It looks like condensation. If you are intentionally keeping it in cold storage, just leave it. If you sanitized the carboy properly, you shouldn't have any problems.

I always get condensation when I am attempting to cool down my wort. It looks normal but you say it's been 2 weeks already?

i moved to secondary after a week and its been out in the garage for 2 weeks now. going to leave it there for another 1 to 2 weeks. it was fine when i first moved to secondary, but just noticed it right now

Maybe there is a sudden change of temperature which caused the condensation? Anyways, no worries, just let it ferment.

Back