Quantcast

condensation from lagering?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

jota

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am doing a Itsok Kolsch from Joy of homebrewing. It has been lagering for 2 weeks now out in my garage. I checked on it today and noticed what appears to be condensation around the neck of the carboy. I have attached a picture for your viewing pleasure. I noticed that the temperature has dropped to around 50 degrees (down from 55 earlier in the week) out there, so perhaps that could be the cause. Should I be alarmed? Should I bring it inside (to around 70 degrees)? Ideas?

http://www.cis.udel.edu/~mccaw/beer.JPG

Thanks!

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
It looks like condensation. If you are intentionally keeping it in cold storage, just leave it. If you sanitized the carboy properly, you shouldn't have any problems.

solidghost

Reaction score
I always get condensation when I am attempting to cool down my wort. It looks normal but you say it's been 2 weeks already?

OP
J

jota

Reaction score
i moved to secondary after a week and its been out in the garage for 2 weeks now. going to leave it there for another 1 to 2 weeks. it was fine when i first moved to secondary, but just noticed it right now

solidghost

Reaction score
Maybe there is a sudden change of temperature which caused the condensation? Anyways, no worries, just let it ferment.