Concrete Floor Cleaning?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-MG-

Reaction score
I'm wondering what other people have used to clean their brewery floor (concrete). I have it stained and use the room almost every friday night for get togethers and beer always spills on the floor some way or another.

I've used water + white vinegar or simple green mixture.

Both still leaving the floor semi sticky and eventually your feet get sticky. I have tried pinesol one time and it made the floor very slick, which isnt good in a wet environment.

Any ideas?

Most effective way I've ever been able to clean concrete is a powerwasher.
A high pressure stream of water will remove whatever you've got sticking.

powerwasher wouldnt work in the room too much stuff there. Would you just use a normal mix of PBW and some water and mop everything?

That's a shame, power tools fix everything :rockin:

Agree...try this attachment on the end of the power washer.

hydroscrubber.png

Tri-Sodium Phosphate. Rather than "TSP Substitute". But remember to rinse.

Might be hard to find, but it's cheap and effective. A TSP substitute may work too.

OR, find a local janitorial supply and tell them you want to clean a stained concrete floor. They will have exactly what you need. They will probably have a variety of products up to and including an etchant, which will prepare the floor to be painted with a nice two-part epoxy.

In any case, short of a working floor drain, I figure it's best done as a 2-man job - one with a mop and one with a wet vac that has a wet floor attachment with a rubber strip.

Hey, just looking for some advice. I did some researching on some of the other postings on here but didn't find exactly what I wanted to know, so here goes. I'm trying to get into the concrete cleaning business. I have a customer who let me practice. He has new sealed indoor concrete. It has lots of smudges from people walking on it. Doesn't want it polished just wants the smudged removed. It's already sealed so I don't think I need to reseal it yet, but maybe eventually. I have a turbo hybrid and a rotovac 360 already that I use for the carpet. Any advice on what tool is most efficient and what chemicals Thank you!
ask @bracconiere about his slippers. :mug:

Aw heck.. didn't they work out? I was seriously thinking of buying a pair... at least for brewday because half the time I drag my feet on the floor when I try to get around anyway :p

Hey, just looking for some advice. I did some researching on some of the other postings on here but didn't find exactly what I wanted to know, so here goes. I'm trying to get into the concrete cleaning business. I have a customer who let me practice. He has new sealed indoor concrete. It has lots of smudges from people walking on it. Doesn't want it polished just wants the smudged removed. It's already sealed so I don't think I need to reseal it yet, but maybe eventually. I have a turbo hybrid and a rotovac 360 already that I use for the carpet. Any advice on what tool is most efficient and what chemicals Thank you!

I would use the brush ring on your TH40 and one of your high pH synthetic carpet presprays. Not sure which line of chems you are using in the UK, so can't give a specific product. Just 2 liters of product mixed at a time, put it down with a flat mop, give it 10 mins dwell and rinse with the turbo hybrid and Bob's your uncle. Cheers!

Back