Conan Yeast near Worcester

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfowlks

Reaction score
So I have acquired some Heady Topper, I have a can left, and I was thinking of using it to harvest the Conan Yeast, for experimentation with some brews. If anyone is interested in some, I'm sure that I could give you some to grow yourself. Just shoot me a PM or respond here

So I have acquired some Heady Topper, I have a can left, and I was thinking of using it to harvest the Conan Yeast, for experimentation with some brews. If anyone is interested in some, I'm sure that I could give you some to grow yourself. Just shoot me a PM or respond here

How did it come out?
I've always wanted to try to grow that...
Any left?

I do have some left I am not sure of the viability. But it came out well when I used it.

I'd love some---
How'd you get it? Cultivate it? Or top secret?

I bought it from gigayeast, and have just slanted a few cultures.

http://www.gigayeast.com/vermont-ipa-yeast-gy054

Originally I harvested it, but I was a tad concerned with the purity so I just went ahead and bought it. Ill be in DC for this weekend, but during next week lets talk, send me a PM. I can give you a test tube with a small starter and you can grow it from there if you would like.

I bought it from gigayeast, and have just slanted a few cultures.

http://www.gigayeast.com/vermont-ipa-yeast-gy054

Originally I harvested it, but I was a tad concerned with the purity so I just went ahead and bought it. Ill be in DC for this weekend, but during next week lets talk, send me a PM. I can give you a test tube with a small starter and you can grow it from there if you would like.
v

Thanks buddy--
I have some of the giga too---
I thought you may have had the original Conan. I have heard that the giga Vermont is almost exactly what the alchemist uses!
Have a great day---

Back