• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Oklahoma Complete Electric HERMS setup, counterflow chiller, 20# co2, mill, bulk grain and hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njenabnit

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I’m getting out of the hobby and selling my setup. It works really well and I had a lot of luck with it, but my family and health has taken a priority for me and I can no longer afford the long brew days, extra calories, or impact on my liver.
My setup is an E-HERMS (Heat Exchange Recirculating Mash System) systems that runs on a 30amp circuit with a 5500w heating element in the HLT and a 5500w heating element in the BK. Both elements are the full stainless ones from brewhardware. I more or less followed theelectricbrewery.com on their instructions, but left off a few non-essential pieces on the control panel like the digital displays for the current amperage or whatever they have.

· Control Panel​
o 3 way heating element select switch with LED indicators
o SYL-2352 Auberin PID control with on-off switch and LED indicator
o Emergency Shutoff Mushroom button (throws the panel breaker)
o Auberin Flashing Buzzer with on-off switch
o 2x On-Off switch with LED indicator to control outlets for pumps
o Main Power Panel keyed on-off switch with LED indicator
o 2x 30-amp Clothes dryer outlets on the bottom of the panel
o 1x 15-amp standard outlet for the pumps
o Auberins Liquid Tight RTD sensor with 12ft Deluxe cable with mating connector
o 2x Contactors for each heating element and 1x Contactor for the main power
o 1x Solid State Relay (SSR) for cycling the power to the elements
o Fully fused internally
· Other Electric
o I’ve moved with this setup and my new house needed a different breaker type, so I have two breakers for two types of panels (one for CH types and one for CB types)
o (Your choice of one of the items below)
§ CH230GF 2 POLE 30 AMP GFCI Breaker
§ GFCB230 2 POLE 30 AMP GFCI Breaker

The kettles are setup as follows:
· Keggle HLT​
o Converted Stainless Keg with 12 inch diameter opening cut in top
o 12 inch Glass lid
o I believe it contains a full 50ft of coiled ½ inch OD copper, but I don’t precisely recall the exact amount
o 2x Compression fittings for heat coil to passthrough bulkhead with 2x two-piece ball valve to male camlock assembly
o 1x Compression fitting for dip tube to bulkhead to T fitting (for temp probe) to two-piece ball value to camlock
o 1x compression fitting for recirc arm to bulkhead to male camlock
o 1x Sight Glass Assembly with bulkhead
o 1x 5500w BrewHardware.com Stainless Steel heating element with juctionbox assembly to 10ft 3-wire dryer cord

· Keggle Mash Tun​
o Converted Stainless keg with 12 inch diameter opening cut in BOTTOM of keg
o 12 inch glass lid
o Sanke Bottom Drain kit (triclover to sanke) to two-piece ball valve to male Cam Lock
o NorCal Brewing 15 inch Keggle False Bottom with Handle and reverse hinge
o NorCal Brewing Heavy Duty 2 inch false bottom stand
o High Temp Silicon tube “sparge” setup with 90degree ½ inch nipple to bulkhead to male camlock
o Custom built super high tech 2x4 wooden |_| shaped stand (to make room for bottom drain)

· Bayou Classic 1060 15.5 Gallon Stainless Steel BK​
o Kettle with Lid
o 1x 5500w BrewHardware.com Stainless Steel heating element with juctionbox assembly to 10ft 3-wire dryer cord
o 1x Sight Glass Assembly with bulkhead
o 1x compression fitting for dip tube to bulkhead two-piece ball value to male camlock
o 1x Utah Biodiesel Brewing Filter (6 x 12 - straight hangers) – 300 Micron

· Pumps​
o 1x Chugger Pump with Stainless Steel head
§ One side is male cam lock, the other side is two-piece ball valve to male cam lock
o 1x Chugger Pump with poly head
§ One side is male quick disconnect, the other side is two-piece ball valve to male quick disconnect
I usually order all of my fittings from BargainFittings.com, but when the poly pump arrived I was ready to use it and my local home brew store didn’t carry camlock, so QD fittings it is. Out of the tubing that comes with this setup, two of them are QD to Cam lock, so it doesn’t really interfere with anything.

· Tubing (all ½ inch high temperature silicone)​
o All sections are 4-6 ft
o 2x Female QD to female cam lock
o 4x Female cam lock to female cam lock
o 1x female cam lock to OPEN

·
Stainless Steel Kitchen Work Table (24in x 60in)​
o It’s a table. It holds everything great when all kettles are at their max fill during the brew. It is stainless, so it is easy to clean.
Asking $2500 OBO for the whole setup. Located in Edmond, OK.

Also for sale:
· 25ft counterflow chiller - $60​
o The hoseclamp on one end allows for a small leak of water, but it doesn’t affect cooling in any way and is easy to keep out of your beer. The beer line is a solid copper tube end to end, so it doesn’t leak.

· 20lb Aluminum CO2 tank (full) -$75​

· Cereal Killer Grain Mill from Adventures in Homebrewing - $75​

Pictures of the whole setup here: http://imgur.com/a/j7mpd

Addition Items for sale: Grain listed at "get rid of them all" prices.
I've got one full bag (50lb) of Great Western Malting 2 Row that is unopened for $45. I have another half bag (25lb) that has been stored in a sealed homer bucket for $25. Take em both for $60.

I also have ~56 lbs of assorted other grains that I am trying to sell. Most of the 2lb or less bags are zip locks, while the others are paper bags. 95% are unmilled, but a few are milled:
Grain Weight (lb)
2Row 7.375
C15 2
C15 1
C20 4
C60 4
C90 0.5
Cara Munich II (Weyermann) 1
Caramel Vienne 0.5
Flaked Maize 1
Flaked Oats 1
Flaked Oats (Briess ) 1
FlakedCorn/FlakedOats 2
Golden Promise 1
Mystery Bag (C20 maybe? milled) 2
Pilsen 1
Rice Hulls 2
Wheat (Flaked) 3
Wheat (Flaked) 1
Wheat (German) 8
Wheat (White) 2
White Wheat (Briess) (Unopened) 11
I'm asking $40 for the whole set.

I also have a 5-gallon Irish Red All-Grain kit that is milled and stored in a thick plastic bag. It isn't vac-sealed, but it looks like the bag was cleared of air and tied off before being sent to me. Here is what is in that:
rahr 2-row 7.5
Briess Special Roast 0.25
Belgian Caramel Pils 0.75
Belgian Biscuit Malt 0.125
English Chocolate 0.125
Asking $10 for this one.

If someone will take all of the grains, they can have it all for $90.

Additional Items for sale: Hops listed at "Get rid of them all" prices.
I'm going to post a picture of my excel sheet for this one since I'm doing some grouped up pricing on certain sets. I have a total of ~16lbs of hops. If the seal is "fac vac" that means that it is still in factory packaging, but doesn't mention nitrogen on it. If it is nitro, then it is in factory nitrogen packing. If it is just vac, it is out of factory packaging but sealed with my foodsaver. I did notice that a few bags must have had pinhole leaks, because they weren't sealed tight when I made this list. All of these were stored in my freezer. The total sum as-is is $117 but take them all off my hands and I'll cut it to $90 (or $5.63/lb).

Screenshot 2016-05-15 10.48.17.png

Sorry, grain is all gone. UPdated the post. Hops are still available and price lowered on the brewery.

EDIT: Apparently can't edit the main post, so here is the deal.

CO2 tank is gone. Grain is gone.

Updated price on brewery: $1800 and you will get the grain mill and counterflow chiller. Very motivated to sell!

Back