• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Connecticut Complete Electric Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgingras1

Reaction score
I am very reluctantly parting with my electric brewery. We are moving to Florida and it will be impossible to find a spot in our new home for an electric set up but we have a natural gas line available outside so I will be switching.

I will try to post pictures shortly. The best way to reach me is to send a PM as I am not always checking the forum. If you had any interest send me a PM with your email address and I can send pictures.

This is a 50 AMP set up, essentially based on Kal's. It easily runs two heat elements at the same time in the hot liquor tank and boil kettle. The set up also includes plugs for two pumps, PID's (Auber), SSR's, temperature controller wires, etc... It essentially mirrors Kal's.

The HLT is a repurposed fifteen gallon keg, with all stainless steel hardware, three piece ball valves with sight gauge and of course the plug & temperature probe.

The boil kettle is a twenty five gallon stainless steel kettle with three piece ball valves, plug & temperature probes, with sight gauge and pick up tube which gets the last drop of wort out of the kettle.

I can reuse everything else so these were the three pieces I was looking to part with. It is in a tool box currently but i have a new box that I was going to move everything over to in the future. This would be a great place to start and you could move over everything to a new box which would be a fun project.

This setup easily does a ten gallon batch and you can almost get to fifteen.

I was thinking $750 would be a good place to start but I am open to offers.

I have thirty or forty feet of 6 gauge wire running from my panel to the fifty amp plug which could be included but only if the you were qualified to disconnect the wire from the electrical panel.

There are lots of extra wires, connectors, contractors, etc... that would be included.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank You

Thanks for all the replies and interest. My preference is to sell local but I am going to research how to ship just the control panel. It would be a challenge to ship the kettles and such.

Thanks again, sad to see it go after all the time put into the system but looking forward to figuring out natural gas.

I am responding and sending photos to all those who were interested.

We are off to Gainesville FL, it looks to be a little warmer than CT

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Could you send me some pics of the control panel please. Would be very interested if you were to ship thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Looks like he posted some pics in his E-brewery thread:

84642d1353346753-my-new-electric-brewery-controlpanel.jpg

84644d1353346779-my-new-electric-brewery-brewery.jpg

It looks like it will just be easier to take the brewery apart and ship the contents in a box to whoever was interested in recreating a 50 AMP brewery.

I will sell the keg and twenty five gallon kettle separately & locally.

It would be easier if I could place all of the contents in one box but this includes...

2 Auber PID’s, 2 40 AMP SSR’s, 2 30 Amp Locking Receptacles (female, white), 2 30 Amp male connectors with cord attached to make connection with kettles, 2 stainless auber temperature probes, 1 50 Amp locking receptacle, 1 50 Amp California style with the stove cord to make the connection to the 50 Amp outlet, switches, heat sink, 30 Amp fuses, contactors, indicator lights, bus bars, and I imagine a few other misc items in the box I may be forgetting. It would include a heavy duty electrical box for all the components.

Looking to get $350 for everything plus shipping which would be modest.

Thank You

Thanks for all of the interest and I apologize for the delayed response to a few of the requests. The entire brewery has found a new home. Thank You

Latest posts

Back