Comparison of modular 240v eBIAB kits for 10g brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IbeJammin2

Reaction score
I have been lurking around here for a while now, reading through threads, looking up peoples builds and DIY ebiab setups.. very cool stuff.. I want to purchase a kit to get me up and running with a single vessel electric brew . I am looking for a 240v kit that can handle 10G batches, not really interested in the all in one units as i like the ability to replace / upgrade things if need be along the way .. but which to pick? keep going back on forth on it.. Cost isnt the biggest factor for me although i do like bang for buck as there is no shortage on other things to spend the extra cash on elsewhere in brewing, really I just want to get a kit that i am happy with in the longer term and can grow with..

What do you all think? anything jump out at you guys that steers you towards or away from any one of these kits? Any others i should be looking at? I know a lot of you here already have systems and i am sure have learned alot from the ones you have, if you were to go at it again, starting from scratch which direction would you go?

So far I am considering -
SS BrewTech 1V 20gallon : eBrewing | 1V System
$1049 + Pump, plate chiller, Hoses / connectors, BrewBag (I tihnk that is what is missing... but please chime in if you are more familiar)

Clawhammer 20 Gallon Electric Home Brewing System : 20 Gallon Electric Home Brewing System - 240v - BIAB
$1699

High Gravity Wort Hog 5-10 Gallon BIAB 240V : https://www.highgravitybrew.com/store/pc/Wort-Hog-5-10-Gallon-BIAB-240V-269p3987.htm$999 + looks to have everything except Chiller?

BrewBoss Preconfigured V3 Deluxe 20 Gallon 240 Volt Brew-Boss Electric Brewery System : https://www.brew-boss.com/Brew-Boss-Homebrew-System-p/bb-20dlx-v3.htm$1569 + Chiller?

Last edited:
I have the Brew-Boss and it is worth every penny.
When I bought mine the Spike and SS were not on the market yet, but even today I would still pick the brew-boss.
I compared it with many others and There are just additional features and things that make the brew-boss perfect for my needs.

Latest posts

Back