Comparing fast fermenting Wine Kits, which one?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeBrewWest

Reaction score
Have searched far and wide for a comparrison on wine kits. As in how does a Cantina 5-day wine compare with a WineBuddy 7-day wine etc.

I figure with the 4 or 6 week wine kits, you get what you pay for, so its not so difficult.

But there are quite a few 5 to 7 day kits, and its hard to figure out which ones:
- are better within a few days, or
- age better.

Would really appreciate some feedback from those who have tried a couple of different kits.

Brian
http://homebrewwest.ie

Brian,

Most of the people on this forum live in the US and the kits you've mentioned aren't available here. We get most of ours from Wine Expert, RJ Spagnols, Celler Craft, and Heron Bay in Western Canada.

Jus thought i would add my quick review of wine buddy 7 day Chardonnay!

Don't bother! Its made from apple juice. Tastes like cheap cider! Ive just ditched 30 bottles it tastes so bad!

vestawinemaker said:
Jus thought i would add my quick review of wine buddy 7 day Chardonnay!

Don't bother! Its made from apple juice. Tastes like cheap cider! Ive just ditched 30 bottles it tastes so bad!

You can get just about any juice to ferment in 7 days, they will all taste like crap!

If you allow them to clear and age, the taste will improve.

Wine making is all about patience, you need to allow time to work it's magic.

It's too bad you dumped out your batch, I'm sure given some time, it would have tasted better.

Back