Comment on second brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

HBHoss

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
This is my second brew. The first batch I made before joining this most excellent brew site. I followed those directions and it turned out okay. This time I followed both directions and advice. I left the brew in the Primary for 3 weeks. The third week I gave Primary bucket a swirl to get the FG down a bit (which worked btw). I then transfered the brew to the bottling bucket and added the boiled sugar and a half bottle of Cherry flavoring. I brewed a Red Ale and thought the cherry would be a nice touch. I wasn't sure how it would taste so I only used a half bottle. 8 days after bottling I put a couple of bottles in the fridge and at the 10 day mark I opened the first bottle. I was happy to hear that beautiful fwish sound of a carbed beer. So far so good. I took a wiff of the bottle and it smells good. Poured the elixer into the glass and was greeted with an abundance of fine bubbles and a nice thick caramel colored foam. I stared adoringly at my creation then took a sip.
Ahhhhhh! All my fears and concerns just went away. It was smooth but not thin, flavorful with just a slight hint of the Cherry. I've never been very particular about the beer I drink as long as it's a Microbrew but I have to say this is some good &$%T. :D
Cheers to everyone at this site and the knowledge they bring and share.

Scott :mug:

polun

Reaction score
Congrats! I'm looking forward to the same feeling in a few weeks *looks at watch anxiously*

elkdog

Reaction score
Congrats! I'm looking forward to the same feeling in a few weeks *looks at watch anxiously*
Dude. Brew another batch as soon as you can. It's the only way out of the waiting game.:mug: