Coming at you, Portland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doublebogey10

Reaction score
Headed your way next weekend. I'm a hoops guy. Need brewery suggestions with decent televisions to watch NCAA tournament while I'm there. A list that included those plus great beer (in no particular order) would be very much, by me, appreciated.

Thank you.

Cheers.

Hey DoubleBogey,

TONS of great brewery options in Portland... What part of city, etc.? But having TVs for basketball will cut out some of the very best, smallest and more botique operations (like The Commons, and Upright). Still should be lots of other choices.

You will probably have to Yelp some nearby ideas once you narrow it down a little where you'll be...

Best of luck to you!

Beer bars with TV... Yard House (sports centric, decent taplist, expensiveish) and Blitz come to mind. There will likely be a game on at Beermongers as well unless there is soccer happening.

Walkable (especially with use of the street car) from the Moda center are Widmer (the gasthaus has a great selection of apps, yes tv), Stormbreaker (no tv), Upright (no tv), Burnside Brewing (no tv), Cascade (yes tv), Hair of the Dog (no tv), and Commons (no tv). Closest good beer bar is Green Dragon (no tv). Not to miss if you have a car are Belmont station for bottles, Horsebrass Pub for good English style pub food and Oregon beer nostalgia, and increasingly Breakside in north Portland. None of these are particularly sports bars.

If you are staying downtown, Rogue (yes tv), Deschutes (great burgers and lots of non distro beers, yes tv) and Fatheads are all popular. There are a ton of cool places to eat up on NW 23rd, with a belgian beer bar and bottleshop if that is your thing.

Food tv makes Voodoo Doughnuts, Pok Pok, and Salt and Straw very popular places to eat, there is a reason they draw crowds, everything but Voodoo will require a car or deft use of busses.

If you hope to get some of the rarer PNW releases to take home, Belmont Station is your best bet... don't miss that place.

I know your post was about beer, but for the love of hops don't come to Portland without enjoying the food too!

Good luck, here is to hoping we have good weather to offer you for your stay!

Ryan

three mugs out in hillsboro usually plays sports on a projector and just redid their bar area as well... i think they have 20+ taps and the last 4-5 are theirs and usually a buck cheaper than the rest of them

Thanks for the responses!

What about Henry's in the Pearl District? It was suggested by a friend

Back