Quantcast

Come on US, are you going to let them get away with that?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Fingers

Reaction score
Excerpt from Canadian Wheat Board 'Go Malting!' November 2007. A little outdated but I expect the trend is continuing. I came across this when trying to find a supplier of bulk two row. I live on the Canadian Prairies, about an hour's drive from a massive malting factory, and I can't find a supplier who will sell bags of two row to the public. Sure, my HBS does, but he wants something like $80 - $90 for a sack.

China has recently surpassed the United States as the largest beer maker in the world, producing 35 billion litres in 2006 – up a whopping
15 per cent from the year before. The number
of Chinese beer drinkers has increased dramatically
in recent years due to economic growth and
a relatively young population. Since 1991,
beer production has quadrupled in China.

Parker36

Reaction score
Haha, I'm less concerned with maximizing output, and more concerning with increasing quality (craft brew sales/production up AGAIN last year!!!)

OP
Fingers

Fingers

Reaction score
Haha, I'm less concerned with maximizing output, and more concerning with increasing quality (craft brew sales/production up AGAIN last year!!!)
I couldn't agree more. As a Canadian, in a country that produces massive amounts of malting barley, I like to see foreign lands buying our products in ever increasing amounts. Quality beer uses more barley in its production than BMC.

Skins_Brew

Reaction score
Yea I agree. I will take quality over quantity any day of the week. That chinese beer has to taste like ****. I have been to a ton of countries and dranken a lot of the local swill. BMC tastes awesome compared to foreign **** swill.