Columbus Ohio Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6midgets

Big & Tall Brewing
Reaction score
I’m going to Columbus Ohio next week for a business trip. Any recommendations on beers I should be on the look out for?

Columbus is busting with new breweries in the last few years. Lots to choose from. Where in Columbus will you be?

Platform is now in Columbus.
North High is awesome
There is a good bottle shop called Savor Growl.

Columbus breweries I've had decent beers from:

Wolf's Ridge
Columbus Brewing Co
Actual
Hoof Hearted

Ohio breweries whose beers you should load up the car with to take home:

Rhinegeist
Hoppin' Frog
Jackie O's

Columbus breweries I've had decent beers from:

Wolf's Ridge
Columbus Brewing Co
Actual
Hoof Hearted

Ohio breweries whose beers you should load up the car with to take home:

Rhinegeist
Hoppin' Frog
Jackie O's
Thanks that is exactly what i was wanting to know.

I believe he is talking RAM restuarant and brewery. Its a chain kinda like bjs brewhouse.

All of the breweries in Columbus are surrounded by very good places to eat. But most have great food themselves.

See above. He is correct. Its in Dublin. What places did you end up hitting? I noticed that no one mentioned four strings or zaftig or Endeavor unfortunately. Hoof hearted is also a classic. I'm a little late to the party though. Have you already been here or are you coming this week?

I always forget about Zaftig. Never had anything from Endeavour.

I go to Zaftig to hang out with their cat, Hops.

I'm late to this post. All good recommendations above.. but I hope you made it/make it to BrewDog! It's my 2nd home there. Such a terrific atmosphere, also great beer and food.

It's a long way from Dublin. But I need to get down there at some point. I need to hit hoof hearted too, I've heard that place is epic

I believe he is talking RAM restuarant and brewery. Its a chain kinda like bjs brewhouse.

All of the breweries in Columbus are surrounded by very good places to eat. But most have great food themselves.

We are going to BJ’s Brewhouse for a company dinner Wednesday.

BJ's Brewhouse is a chain. Their beers are okay but definitely not going to be the craft beer style you're looking for most likely. Their amber is decent.

Been to BrewDogs.

Great brewery, great restaurant (that alone is worth it).

My interpretation of the beer is well done and properly to style brews. You will not find a Pliny or a Heady here, but their offerings are very good. They also have a decent variety.

Next time in Ohio, I will go back for sure.

See above. He is correct. Its in Dublin. What places did you end up hitting? I noticed that no one mentioned four strings or zaftig or Endeavor unfortunately. Hoof hearted is also a classic. I'm a little late to the party though. Have you already been here or are you coming this week?

I’m with a group so it’s hard to go anywhere too extreme. Last night we went to Thurman’s. Tonight we are going to Pins in Dublin for a company meet and greet. I’d like to check out the Pint room while we are up here.

Pins from what i hear is great. I think the same people own 16bit arcade bar.

Are there any good breweries out your way that I would be amiss if I didn't try? I don't know any of the Dayton breweries
I would say Dayton beer company, Toxic Brew. People like Warped Wing also. Nowhere in Particular started in dayton but they are nomadic brewers. Yellow Springs brewery is close by. As well as Lucky Star, Star City and Hairless Hare.

Columbus was fun I had some great beer while I was there. The most impressive beers Thai had while I was there was. White Rajah by the brew kettle, followed by Bohdi by Columbus brewing co. And finally my absolute favorite was Aerialist by Hi-wire brewing. Thanks for the recommendations guys it was a fun trip.

Columbus was fun I had some great beer while I was there. The most impressive beers Thai had while I was there was. White Rajah by the brew kettle, followed by Bohdi by Columbus brewing co. And finally my absolute favorite was Aerialist by Hi-wire brewing. Thanks for the recommendations guys it was a fun trip.
Well...you had two of the top rated ipas from the state. I think Bohdi placed 7th last year in the top 150 ipa blind taste. And White Rajah has always been rated up there too. The Hi-wire beer i think they are out of one of the Carolinas. Either way looks like some good choices.

Back