colorado hop growers, update needed.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peaktopview

Reaction score
here in denver i live in an apartment, so i unfortunately don't have a yard or a deck, so no hops for me. but i am aware of a few wild troves up the hill (only brewing a year so this is my first wild harvest hunt). i don't have a lot of free time due to work, and class starting up (graduating with a finance degree here in dec.), to get up to check them out on my few days off for a picking schedule. so i was wondering if anyone could give me an update on how your hops are looking as to how this heat has affected, if any, your harvest time. i cook for a living and know the palasade peaches are a month early so was wondering if hops have been affected too. any info on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys,

b

edit: also, if anyone is around this elevation, the elevation of the area i will be picking is about 8200, in the front range.

I live in Fort Collins and have picked some of my Saaz. I imagine with how they have looked the past two weeks, I will harvest the rest of my saaz this weekend and all my centennial the following weekend.

thanks guys, going to try and get up today and see how they are and enjoy some of this nicer weather.

b

Just checked on a front-range patch today and it's about ready. Anytime in the next 3 weeks would get a good yield.

New Belgium found some hops ready to go:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...set=pb.6007352619.0.1345239303&type=3&theater

319360_10151032877547620_866796913_n.jpg

Back