Collared keezer and adding rinser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EsoChingado

Reaction score
So, I am pondering putting a glass rinser in my lil homebrew bar. I am struggling with trying to find a good mount area for the rinser.
I have a 8 tap, 22cf, collared keezer. Wondering what your thoughts might be on where/how to mount the rinser. Would mounting directly to the wall next to the keezer (and forgo the keezer) be easiest?
I don't have a good pic of the keezer though.
FB_IMG_1522447629986.jpg

Just to the right of the taps on the right side of the collar?

How are you going to feed that rinser? Pressurized water out of a keg? A source of water is what's holding me back from doing a rinser. And I need one....

I plan on using this item from AiH.
https://www.homebrewing.org/Glass-Rinser-Assembly-for-Drip-Tray_p_3929.html
I know this is supposed to be mounted under a counter, but I don't really have counter space on the keezer. So i guess I am wondering if i could bend the mounting tab to attach to the collar or a wall.

We just recently redid the plumbing in my home and I added a line in the bar. I will plumb it with a regular line from the house (and will use the recommended shut off valve, check valve, and pressure reducer) to feed this.

Now you've piqued my interest. I'm thinking there are a couple ways this could be attached to a collar. One is as you suggest, i.e., bending down the mounting tab.

Another way might be to attach a piece of 4x4 or similar to the collar, then attach the mounting tab to that. As I am thinking about it, the left side of the rinser would be parallel to the collar; you probably could mount something under the left side of the rinser to support that (a piece of 1x4 or something like that).

You have me thinking about providing water from a small pressurized keg kept inside the keezer. I've attached a pic of my keezer below; you can see how I'm getting gas into it. I'm thinking the same fitting would be usable to move water from inside the keezer to the rinser. I'd have the rinser drain to a bucket or more likely something a little more elegant than that.

k4.jpg

I plan on using this item from AiH.
https://www.homebrewing.org/Glass-Rinser-Assembly-for-Drip-Tray_p_3929.html
I know this is supposed to be mounted under a counter, but I don't really have counter space on the keezer. So i guess I am wondering if i could bend the mounting tab to attach to the collar or a wall.

We just recently redid the plumbing in my home and I added a line in the bar. I will plumb it with a regular line from the house (and will use the recommended shut off valve, check valve, and pressure reducer) to feed this.

I would call AIH up and ask if the horizontal mounting piece can be removed or how it's attached. If it is screwed to the rinser or easily removed, you could either remount it in a vertical position or make your own. If it's not easily removed, I would probably cut it off myself and then either convert it or make something to work for vertical mounting. I think in the long run I could make that look better by cutting it off than trying to bend it 90 degrees. YMMV.

I've had to call AIH a couple times and always got great customer service. They've gone back to look at a product and called me back with answers in the past.

Lastly, sweet kegerator and I'm sure the glass rinser will be a great addition, so keep at it.

I would call AIH up and ask if the horizontal mounting piece can be removed or how it's attached. If it is screwed to the rinser or easily removed, you could either remount it in a vertical position or make your own. If it's not easily removed, I would probably cut it off myself and then either convert it or make something to work for vertical mounting. I think in the long run I could make that look better by cutting it off than trying to bend it 90 degrees. YMMV.

I've had to call AIH a couple times and always got great customer service. They've gone back to look at a product and called me back with answers in the past.

Lastly, sweet kegerator and I'm sure the glass rinser will be a great addition, so keep at it.

Now ya got me thinking!! Maybe cut off the mounting tab, then cut an appropriate sized square from the grating of the drip tray and drill a couple holes in the bottom of the drip tray to drop in the rinser into the drip tray.
PROBABLY could have bought a drip tray with integrated rinser, but the wife bought freezer and drip tray as a Christmas gift last year, so I am just a little bit stuck with it now.

Back