Collar on a Danby kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A-Lindquist

Reaction score
I recently built a 2 tap kegerator out of the DAR440, and am looking to put a 2x4 collar on the front to allow me to fit two 1/6 kegs in it or one 1/4 slim. I put the collar together and painted it with a moisture resistant epoxy, my question is how should I affix it to the fridge. I've seen other collars but nobody seems to mention whats holding it there. I'm tentative towards drilling just because I don't know exactly where the coils are. I picked up a tube of locktite construction adhesive but am skeptical as to whether that would hold. Any tips?

Hey I am in this same boat now and agree it’s hard to find the information. What did you end up doing to your kegerator?
Cheers

I am planning a similar build on a Danby mini fridge I bought off of CL. I watched a video where the collar was attached to the main body using glue and T-straps. I plan to do the same, but, I want to mount an Inkbird controller flush into the top of the collar and run all wires inside the fridge. Under the top collar I will install a metal 4" junction box with 2 power receptacles, 1 for the Inkbird which controls one of the receptacles for the heating and cooling, and the other receptacle for interior fan(s) using unswitched power from the wall. My unknown issue is rerouting the fridge power cord to go through the inside of the fridge and plug into the receptacle for the Inkbird controller. I think I can detach the power cord and maybe drill a hole from the inside of the fridge and feed the power cord back through to reconnect it. I don't know how to handle the fridge power situation and welcome any help with this. I may post pictures of the build process.

Attachments

• Kegerator Controller Wiring.jpg
    Kegerator Controller Wiring.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Kegerator Controller.jpg
    Kegerator Controller.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 28
I found a way to get the power cord to run through the inside of the fridge. There is a drain hole in the back for moisture to run of the coils and into a pan underneath. I don't want to plug this hole with the power cord, of course. What I can do is drill a new hole near the drain hole and put a rubber grommet to protect the power cord which I will cut and feed through the hole from inside the fridge and reattach on the other side of the drip pan. This way it's as if the cord normally plugs into the temp controller only now the controller is inside the fridge.

Back