Cold crush with yeast - is it safe ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerRush

Reaction score
Hi. I have brewed session IPA ( 12 blg) after the whole fermentation (14days) - now I want to do dry hopping - whole activities are being done in one fermenter. After dry hopping I plan to to cold crush for 24 hours.

Yeast are on the bottom of fermenter so my question is, does cold crush hurt my beer somehow ? Or before dry hopping I should decant the beer to the new fermenter ( remove yeast) and then dry hopping?

Just go ahead and do your cold crashing. Don't transfer to another fermenter.

Regarding dry hopping, search for "soft crash", which might give you some ideas, but it's not standard practice (yet at least).

Just go ahead and do your cold crashing. Don't transfer to another fermenter.

Regarding dry hopping, search for "soft crash", which might give you some ideas, but it's not standard practice (yet at least).
Thanks, this is what I did today so tomorrow - bottling , I hope it doesn't affect the head of the beer. I was asking cause I found an info in " how to brew" to not to calm the beer drastically with the yeasts, Palmer recommends going down 1C per day otherwise some lipids will show in the beer which can affect the head.
I will know that soon ;) in two weeks bees will be ready for drinking

Back