cold crashing and then room temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker111

Reaction score
Hi all
I have a 4 tap keezer and I brew double batches. I use 5 g corny kegs.
I try to keep up so that one keg is done the replacement goes in. I have a second C02 system where I keep the soon to be keezer kegs sitting around 17-19 on 15 psi.

This time around I cold crashed both my fermonsters with a cent. blonde ale then kegged them. This was about five days apart. One went in the keezer and carbed nice and tastes great.

My question
Although not ideal, the second keg after cold crashing in basement fridge then moves to the 17-19 bedroom. Think this will really effect the beer? I have not cold crashed in a while in fear of this.
thoughts?

I don't think cold-crashing then kegging makes the beer more vulnerable wrt warm-ish storage. Anything that is going to happen (primarily, accelerated aging, with all that conveys) would have happened even if the beer wasn't crashed.

So it's all about that storage temperature.

I'm curious about moving the keg out of a basement to a bedroom, as I presume the former would be cooler than the latter...

Cheers!

Thanks. The moving from fridge to bedroom is the fermonster...... my error!
I did not think the cold crash a few days in the fridge then to the bedroom would be a problem but thought off the cold to warm thing and had me thinking.
Ideally be nice to go cold crash to keezer but not happening when taps are full......... oh what a problem to have!!!!

Back