Cold crash duration?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahilly

Reaction score
I put my fermenter full of brown ale (with S-04 yeast) in the fridge to cold crash on Friday. I'm not sure when I will find time to bottle it. How long can I let it sit in the fridge (@ +/- 42dF) before I have to worry about the yeast going totally dormant and unable to bottle carb/condition?

I put my fermenter full of brown ale (with S-04 yeast) in the fridge to cold crash on Friday. I'm not sure when I will find time to bottle it. How long can I let it sit in the fridge (@ +/- 42dF) before I have to worry about the yeast going totally dormant and unable to bottle carb/condition?

I think they are "totally" dormant now. I mean, with a warm up and some sugar, they will wake up. If you are concerned about too much yeast settling out, dont be. If you are worried still, suck a little off the bottom as you rack to the bottle bucket.

+1 on the above.

You should be able to bottle it even one month from now, maybe two. Just be sure to get some yeast into your bottling bucket when you do.

Latest posts

Back