Cola extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lstewartff

Reaction score
I bought a cola extract from my LHBS. It is the Old Fashion brand name. This is my first time to do a soda. What type of sugar should I use with this? I was told not to use Table suger and I think they said to use cane sugar but it has been a while since I bought it and I can not remember exactly. Any other suggestions will be great. Also, if I keg this what PSI should I carb at? Should I use the same table as I would use for beer?
Thanks for any help.

Table is cane, it will work fine but impart some of its own flavour...dextrose tastes more inert, dissolves easier but costs more.

I carb mine at 35 but I only carb the water and make syrup to put in glass then tap off the water into the syrup kinda mixes it in the glass that way your O rings don't impart any flavor do a search for "2 kegs in and I'm sold" that's where I found a lot of good info.

Back