Coffee Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alsbrews

Reaction score
Hey all. My wife digs coffee in beer and has taken a liking to coffee stouts and porters as of late and asked that we brew one. Here is what we came up with. Interested in what people think and excited to check it out in a month or so. This is a five gallon batch.

-7lbs LME (this is a partial grain brew. Hoping to move to all grain soon)
-0.75lb British Pale Chocolate
-0.5lb Black Patent
-0.5 Vienna
-0.25 Belgium Special Coffee

-1oz Fuggle hops @ 60
-1oz U.S. Golding @ 15

-American Ale Wyeast 1056

-4oz Longbottom (local coffee roaster) Original Blend that is on the bold side.

Notes: I french pressed 4oz coarsely ground coffee 2oz at a time in my 32oz french press to yield 1qt, let it set at room temp, refrigerated it for a couple hours during boil and poured it in at flameout. Going to leave in primary for 10 days then another seven days (I don't rack to secondary. I agitate carboy). Then bottle condition for another ten at room temp then fridge for five.

I use 6 oz cold pressed coffee grounds that sit 1 hour before French pressing them. I do 2 batches of 3 oz at a time and add to secondary. Use finer grind and good coffee. It works~

Back