Coffee filter for tea addition at bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Barleycorn

Reaction score
So, I made a tea from chopped ginger, a cinnamon stick and a vanilla bean yesterday. After a short boil, I cooled the tea a bit, then ran it through a coffee filter, let that cool further and then added the tea to the bottling bucket. I didn’t think about sanitizing the coffee filter. What are the chances of an infection from the filter? Thanks!

So, I made a tea from chopped ginger, a cinnamon stick and a vanilla bean yesterday. After a short boil, I cooled the tea a bit, then ran it through a coffee filter, let that cool further and then added the tea to the bottling bucket. I didn’t think about sanitizing the coffee filter. What are the chances of an infection from the filter? Thanks!
Not a lot. Once beer is fermented the ph level and alcohol content make it pretty inhospitable for anything that might spoil it.

Back