Quantcast

Coconut , cinnamon

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

HGBM.SOO

Reaction score
Recently I brewed OG 1.138 , 20 liters of Imperial Stout. After the fermentation is over, I'm going to put a toasted coconut and a cinnamon stick in here. I'm going to put 800 grams of toasted coconut and 4 sticks of cinnamon. Is that too much?

Have a nice day :)

chrilr

Reaction score
That amount will work great. I put 800 grams in a RIS, that was poured at NHC club night last year, and it was a hit. Great aroma and flavor but not enough to come across like sunscreen

Dgallo

If you ain’t first, you’re last Ricky Bobby
Reaction score
Recently I brewed OG 1.138 , 20 liters of Imperial Stout. After the fermentation is over, I'm going to put a toasted coconut and a cinnamon stick in here. I'm going to put 800 grams of toasted coconut and 4 sticks of cinnamon. Is that too much?

Coconut amount seems fine but that just seems like a lot of cinnamon to me. You can easily overpower a beer using spices and because of that I would make a rum or vodka tincture with the cinnamon. Then you can add it to taste.

Last edited:

ajbosley2015

Reaction score

I would put your cinnamon sticks in the boil at about 15 left. You wont extract much from them steeping at room temp. The coconut, I would definitely do it as soon as active fermentation starts. (If you havent done this already, but Im guessing you have).

Since its after the fact I would love to hear how it ended up.