Cobra tap slow leak.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wherestheyeast

Reaction score
I keep opening my kegerator door to find about a cup of beer pooled on the floor if the fridge.

I!m suspecting the cobra tap. During one pour of beer the thing wouldnt stop flowing even after I released the lever. I had to disconnect the serving line from the post. I took the serving line apart & cleaned it (even though it had only been in use for about 10 days). Put everything back together, poured a glass normally & was fine until the next time I opened the door to find beer seeping out of the tap.

Any suggestions? Or should I just upgrade my tap?

By the way this is an ESB that is being served at around 6psi.

PS - I usually search the boards for tips, but I'm on the HBT App & the search results are horrendous when using it...

the actual head of the faucet screws together in the middle, check and make sure it is snug.

I learned that the hard way too. You can uscrew the top of the dispensor and make sure there's nothing in there that would inhibit the piece from closing all the way.

I learned that the hard way too. You can uscrew the top of the dispensor and make sure there's nothing in there that would inhibit the piece from closing all the way.

Yes! Good idea, make sure there isn't something blocking it before you crank it down

Thanks to all for the help. It did seem that the cap of the faucet was a bit loose. I've tightened it and seems to have stopped leaking.

Thanks again!

Back