Cobra Tap Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alestateyall

Reaction score
I have two beer lines each with a cobra tap. Each line is 10'. Pressure is set to 12 PSI. The regulator is tied to a splitter to each keg. No double regulator with different pressures.

Both lines pour fine. One of the taps spits foam only when I close it. So at the very end of the pour I go from no foam to about 1/4" of foam right when I let go of the thumb depressor. This is not a big deal, but, the other cobra tap doesn't do that.

Any likely culprits for this spitting behavior?

I don't see any spitting when first opening the tap.

I do open the cobra tap all the way when pouring.

Thanks!

I'm wondering if the tap itself isn't closing as quickly as you let go. Maybe the tap needs a good cleaning. However if you are only getting a quarter inch of foam, that sounds like a small amount of head anyway. Are you trying to pour your beers without any head?

JoshuaWhite5522 said:
I'm wondering if the tap itself isn't closing as quickly as you let go. Maybe the tap needs a good cleaning. However if you are only getting a quarter inch of foam, that sounds like a small amount of head anyway. Are you trying to pour your beers without any head?

1/4" isn't bad. The only place it makes a difference is when I pour a taster. In that case, could be my imagination, but I thought it flattened out the beer a bit.

Back