Coastal Haze yeast WLP067

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeBrewMasterRace

Enthusiastic Homebrewer
Reaction score
This is interesting. I've done starters before but have never seen a yeast take off like this so quickly before. I'm only 10 hrs in and there appears to be a ton of yeast at the bottom, so much so that it's forming yeast rafts already.

This is wlp067 which contains diastaticus. I was wondering I'd you had experience with this yeast in the past and how it turned out for you.

I'm following a neipa recipe from the homebrewers association, but saw this yeast which caught my eye. https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/homebrew-recipe/weldwerks-brewing-juicy-bits-neipa/.

Have a good one! Let me know what your experiences with this yeast have been.
IMG_20190523_062051.jpeg
IMG_20190523_062400.jpeg

I recently picked some of this up from Seoul Homebrew (my LHBS I guess, 2 hours away) since shipping yeast to APO in the summer is going to be impossible.

I plan to use it for my next brew towards the end of June, doing the Pseudo Sue clone that's posted here. I'm also interested in the results others have had.

Latest posts

Back