Co2 tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyguy01

Reaction score
I bought a new 10# co2 tank. When I hook up the regulator it leaks air. I took a closer look and there is a hole in the threads. Do I have the right bottle?? The valve appears to be CGA 346. Thanks!

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

There is a flat gasket that goes on the end of the threads if you don't have one it will leak. It looks like you have teflon tape on the threads, that is not gonna seal it.

I understand that. With the nylon washer that little pin size hole is still the source of my co2 release. From what I read, maybe it is a wrong valve? I wanted to check here before I went back to the store on Monday.

I'll have to look at mine I don't recall seeing one, that's odd that there would be a hole there.

I took the bottle back and it was apparent the wrong valve was put on the bottle. They swapped it out. Problem solved. Sure took me on a wild goose chase!

Oh man! That is great it was an easy fix but yes I'm sure it was frustrating. Glad to hear it all worked out.

Back