Co2 tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
Ok, so i had some wheel flares off of a truck i no longer owned. I know a guy who deals in auto accessories. He built a 25k trailer for a company here who wanted to tailgate in style. He had an extra C02 tank and traded me that for the wheel flares that are of no use to me any more.....................SCORE

My question is can i fill that up with the Co2 Nitrogen mix so i can attempt some guiness type clones?

No. You cannot fill a CO2 tank with nitrogen. Beergas (nitrogen/CO2 mix) is filled into a nitrogen tank and uses a nitrogen regulator.

John

That shouldn't matter, though. Most companies deal with cylinder trade-ins. Trade the CO2 cylinder for one filled with "beer gas" (heheheh) for a minimal charge.

Hey, JC - I just exchanged my CO2 tank at Linweld on 70th & Cornhusker, and right after that I found there's a Praxair dealership on 1210 Nance - I think it's over by Kirk's. I guess they do refills, which should be cheaper than an exchange.

Back