CO2 tank/regulator gasket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this something I can replace woth a rubber or neoprene gasket from the hardware store or do I need to order one online?

I was setting up my portable rig Sunday night when everything was pretty much closed when I realized that I didn't have a washer/gasket. I cut a circle out of the bottom of a cheep food storage container (Ziploc brand IIRC) poked a hole in the center and it worked like a charm. To answer your original question, yes you can probably use any sort of gasket material in a pinch.

I was setting up my portable rig Sunday night when everything was pretty much closed when I realized that I didn't have a washer/gasket. I cut a circle out of the bottom of a cheep food storage container (Ziploc brand IIRC) poked a hole in the center and it worked like a charm. To answer your original question, yes you can probably use any sort of gasket material in a pinch.

macgyver.jpg

Nicely done!

Is this something I can replace woth a rubber or neoprene gasket from the hardware store or do I need to order one online?

I used to manage the beverage department of a huge park that hosted corporate picnics, and had hundreds of regulators to tend to. Many times when I didn't have a gasket handy, I'd make one on the spot with my pen knife and a piece of cardboard from the back of my notepad! Worked fine, I'd usually moisten it with a few drops of water first.

The place that provides my Co2 attaches a new gasket to the neck of each tank, so now I've always got a fresh one handy.

Back