New Jersey CO2 tank filling in Northern/Central NJ

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

thejuanald

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just recently moved to Madison, NJ and I was wondering if there was anywhere in the vicinity that I could fill up my 10lb. CO2 tank. I used to use Reliable Carbionic in New Brunswick when I lived in that area, but I haven't been able to find a similar place up here. Thanks!

Jbrew

Reaction score
I just used approved fire protection in south Plainfield for my 10lb tank .Guys were awesome. My tank was expired, they swaped right there with an identical tank. Paid $42 for the recert swap with fill. A regular fill is $14 i think for a 5lb and $20 for a 10 lb. Looks like its about 40 minutes from madison.

Here's a good thread too, has a fair amount covered in it for central/northern nj .
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/co2-refills-in-nj.20024/

Hope this helps

OP
T

thejuanald

Reaction score
Thank you for the response! I will check them out and take a look at that thread as well

BoilerInSoCal

Reaction score
Thank you for the response! I will check them out and take a look at that thread as well
Hi @thejuanald,
Despite what my handle suggests, I also live in Madison. The closest place is city fire (733 Ridgedale Ave suite 203, East Hanover, NJ 07936). Not the cheapest, but not too bad.

BA

OP
T

thejuanald

Reaction score
Hi @thejuanald,
Despite what my handle suggests, I also live in Madison. The closest place is city fire (733 Ridgedale Ave suite 203, East Hanover, NJ 07936). Not the cheapest, but not too bad.

BA
Great, that makes it much easier as that's only a couple of miles from my work. Thanks!

psh

Reaction score
Hi @thejuanald,

BA
I'm close to City Fire but drive a couple minutes more to Reisinger Oxygen Services in Roseland. I believe they charge $10 for filling a 5lb tank.