Co2 tank empty

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chomp

Reaction score
So for my first venture into kegging I built a 4 tap keezer. I put it all together the first week of October and hooked up all 4 of my kegs. When my wife went to pour a pint today the tank was empty. I have a 10# tank and four taps set at 11-12 psi. 2 of the kegs were primed with sugar before they were hooked up. Is it just me or does that seem like the co2 ran out too fast?

Yeah that's what I figured, just wanted to double check. Thanks

My leaks have been the cover O-ring. Use keg grease on it and after purging air I ramp the pressure to 40 psi to seal and do a leak check with soapy water. I did have a leaking gauge on a new regulator set up.

I had the same thing happen with a 20 lb bottle. I'm now in the habit of using a spray bottle with soapy water to check for leaks when I put in a new keg.

Well I switched out my tank this morning, found one leak so far from a swivel nut that wasn't threaded right. Turned the pressure up to 14 on all the secondary regulators and shut the gas off before I left this morning. As long as the pressure is still holding when I get home I'll hook all the kegs back up and go from there.

Back