co2 regulators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

gator777

Reaction score
Is it possible to use a co2 regulator from like harbor freight used for welding to keg your beer? Instead of buying one from a brew store?

OP
gator777

gator777

Reaction score
Just trying to save a bit of money. Any words of advice would be awesome.

day_trippr

Get the shot ffs! Sheesh!
Reaction score
Welding regulators have a flow meter in place of the low pressure gauge you need to properly control carbonation (and dispensing) of beer. If the regulator was priced low enough that you could pick up a low pressure gauge to replace the flow meter, it might be workable. Otherwise, stick to beer regulators...

Cheers!

OP
gator777

gator777

Reaction score
day_trippr said:
Welding regulators have a flow meter in place of the low pressure gauge you need to properly control carbonation (and dispensing) of beer. If the regulator was priced low enough that you could pick up a low pressure gauge to replace the flow meter, it might be workable. Otherwise, stick to beer regulators...

Cheers!
Thanks buddy, that is what I was looking for someone to tell me forget it. And get the right thing not be a dumbass and get something that won't work properly. Thanks again.

AgentHubcap

Reaction score
I use one. It works, but I have foamy pours most of the time. I can't say for sure if that is from the regulator or the beer line length (or something else).

OP
gator777

gator777

Reaction score
AgentHubcap said:
I use one. It works, but I have foamy pours most of the time. I can't say for sure if that is from the regulator or the beer line length (or something else).
Thank you for your reply thats much help.