CO2 Regulator - What do you think of this one?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apoxbrew

Reaction score
I need a secondary regulator... what do yall think of this one:

Economy Regulator

It looks like the economy secondaries sold at other beer specific sites (except that the body looks brown in that pic rather than red in the pics on the other sites).

Thoughts?

A few things that jumped out at me:

1) The picture doesn't match the listing... I don't see a shutoff valve on the picture, but it states it has one. Most Taprite secondaries come with a check valve, but shutoffs are not standard, so keep this in mind if having a shutoff at the secondary is necessary.

2) The listing contradicts what pressure output gauge it has: 0-100 or 0-60. Since it's advertised for soda systems, I would bet it's 0-100. No matter, aside from the graduations being every 2 PSI (instead of 1 PSI on the 0-60), AFAIK the regulators can be used for beer just the same.

3) I'm pretty sure you're looking at the older model of the Taprite 5161SN in the picture. If it has an OEM shutoff valve, it would be the 5161ST. The only differences I see between the old and new models is that the latter comes with an easy to turn cap you can adjust by hand (without a screwdriver) and the mounting bracket is different.

4) I have a 2x2 Taprite secondary and I haven't had any problems with it.

5) I didn't see how much shipping is, but $35.00 for a 1x1 secondary is a decent price.

More info:
http://www.taprite.com/products/regulators/sr5200sn.html

Back