CO2 regulator valve/pressure relief replacement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ks0ze

Reaction score
I've got a really old (probably 20+ years) regulator that I want to use for my kegerator. It seems to be in good working condition except the valve leaks.

My questions are:
1. Where can I find a replacement valve/pressure relief connection like the one in the picture? I can't seem to find a ball valve/pressure relief/ barbed connection anywhere.

2. Would it be safe/advisable to just replace this with a screw on barbed fitting? (i.e. have no valve or pressure relief in the system)

show.php

Thanks,

-Dan

valve.jpg

I don't know about sourcing parts for something like that...I'd take it to a welding supply shop and see what they can do. I would never consider running a reg without a pressure relief valve, that would be potentially highly dangerous.

This is more like a 60+ years old regulator and a welding shop will just want to sell you a new replacement.

You are leaking at the relief valve behind the pull ring? Unscrew the nut behind the ring and you should find a rubber sealing face that seats against a mating surface. If you are lucky you can cut a replacement washer out of a piece of neoprene.

I can trade a brand new regulator for yours if you decide not to fix it - I like tinkering with old stuff.

Back