CO2 regulator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iechyd Da

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking about starting to keg my beers and I have an old CO2 regulator in my shop. The tank has two gauges but the one gauge for the outlet pressure doesn't go low enough. Is it possible to replace that gauge with one that has better resolution at lower pressures?

Without knowing the peticulars of your regulator I don't see any reason why you couldn't put a lower number gauge on it.

I don't see why it wouldn't work either, however if the gauge pressure range is higher than you need, the pressure range of the regulator may be too high also, making it difficult (if not impossible) to adjust it to a consistent pressure in the range needed for kegging.

Funkenjaeger said:
I don't see why it wouldn't work either, however if the gauge pressure range is higher than you need, the pressure range of the regulator may be too high also, making it difficult (if not impossible) to adjust it to a consistent pressure in the range needed for kegging.
That's what I'm afraid of, the regulator not working with a much lower pressure than what it was made for. The gauges are only 7-8 dollars so maybe I'll just get one and see. Thanks.:mug:

Back